The S&D story began in 1927 when our founders realized the need to bring coffee to the local area through grocery store delivery. That vision soon expanded to the foodservice arena as we recognized the growing demand for quality coffee away from home.
Today, we are the largest custom coffee roaster and the largest blender of iced teas for foodservice and convenience stores in America. We also have a thriving ingredients business which capitalizes on the strength of our commodities purchasing power, extracting coffee, tea and botanicals for use in a variety of food and beverage applications.
On August 4, 2016, S&D was acquired by Cott Corporation, a global industry leader and one of the world’s largest producers of beverages on behalf of retailers, brand owners and distributors. This strategic combination gives S&D the resources to continue developing and accelerating our successful business model — keeping an eye toward the future, but never forgetting our commitment to serving our customers.
Through it all, we haven’t lost sight of what really matters:
- exceeding our customers’ expectations
- delivering outstanding products and excellence in service
- maintaining the highest ethical standards and
- making a positive impact in the industry and the world
As a result of our success in building the brands of our customers with quality products, we are continuing to invest in enhancing capabilities. This includes a major renovation of our headquarters in Concord, North Carolina, and the purchase of new facilities in 2012.
These new facilities near the Concord Regional Airport allow for additional manufacturing capacity and redundancy, and will continue to provide much-needed office space to support our growing business.
As we look ahead, we will continue to:
- build on our expertise in sourcing and procuring high quality coffee and tea
- develop and deliver cutting-edge beverage products to help drive your beverage platform’s profitability
- create extracts and ingredients to meet your custom specifications
- deliver on our promise to help you build your brand and your profitability
- draw on the resources of Cott, a global market leader (the parent company of S&D)
Please take a moment to explore our site and learn how S&D Coffee & Tea can help you enhance and grow your beverage platform.