S&D Coffee & Tea Expands Mangrove Bay Flavored Iced Tea Offerings
CONCORD, N.C. – S&D Coffee & Tea, the largest coffee and tea manufacturer and supplier to restaurants and convenience stores in America, has announced five new flavors to its Mangrove Bay flavored iced tea line.
Developed based on market trends and consumer insights on flavor preferences for iced tea, the five new flavors are:
- Caribbean Sunset Black Tea – Mango, pineapple and cherry combine with black tea for a unique taste and delightful island aroma
- Peach Lemon Green Tea – Green tea gets a flavor boost with ripe peach and lemon notes to create a cool, thirst-quenching treat
- Blueberry Citrus Black Tea – Mandarin orange and black tea married with blueberry to produce a light, refreshing iced tea with delightful aroma and color
- Mandarin Green Tea – Citrus notes abound in this green tea blended with flavors of orange, nectarine and mandarin to provide a balanced, hydrating beverage experience
- Merry Berry Black Tea – Strawberry, ripe blackberry, and black tea unite to create a beautiful, flavor-filled iced tea that is a “berry” delicious treat
“Flavored tea is a growing category; Datassential reports an 18 percent growth in flavored tea consumption over the past five years,” said Pam Everett, director of category management, tea with S&D. “Based on this research, our new iced tea products were developed — combining complex flavor profiles with broad market appeal.”
The new flavored teas utilize encapsulated flavor, which allows for a consistent, flavorful brew while offering the convenience of using a filter pack for brewing — which is desired by most operators.
Also, all of the new Mangrove Bay flavored iced teas use 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified tea, reinforcing S&D’s commitment to environmental, economic and social improvements through sustainable sourcing practices.